Wednesday, 29 January 2014 Blog ehdf
5 Technology Trends to look out for in 2014
Five Trends that indicate why the year 2014 is going to be a game changer for cloud technology in the MENA region and more specifically in the UAE
1. With sustainable development, mobility and opportunity serving as the core themes for Dubai EXPO 2020, technology will continue to play a vital role in driving growth across the hospitality, tourism, trade, shipping and logistics, and IT sectors.
2. The MENA region is experiencing one of the highest global growth rates for public cloud services, rising by 24.5% to US$462.3 million from 2012 to 2013. . This rise will only continue in 2014.
3. Industry research forecasts the UAE cloud market to register an annual compound growth rate of 43.7% until 2016. 
4. Mobile technology will continue to remain at the core of all IT-centric developments. Given the ongoing increase in power and capability of mobile devices, the demand on networks and the need to manage bandwidth is likely to surge. Gartner predicts a corresponding increase in server-side computing and storage capacities in response to consumers’ continued demand for complex services from mobile technologies.
5. About half of the world’s companies will implement Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programmes by 2017 . This is prompting the growth of cloud computing as organizations look to provide employees with secure remote access to data and applications without increasing deployment costs.
Sources: Know More
 Industry research forecasts