Thursday, 30 July 2015 Blog ehdf
Enhance Productivity & Reduce Costly System Downtime
In order to stay competitive, it is important for organizations to have a reliable, efficient and agile IT infrastructure in place. In fact, if IT infrastructure is left unattended for a long time, without monitoring and without proactive maintenance, patches and security updates, failure rates increase. This may cause sudden breakdowns which can lead to financial losses as well as loss of sales and customers.
However, many organizations across the region have small IT departments with limited resources and are constantly looking for cost-effective solutions to manage their IT infrastructure. This is driving the need for Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) services.
What is Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM)?
RMM is a proactive approach to remotely monitor and manage a company’s IT infrastructure on a 24/7 basis. It helps in minimizing costly downtime to ensure business is always performing at maximum efficiency. RMM not only helps businesses respond to multiple issues quickly and efficiently, but it also provides organizations with the knowledge of any IT issues in advance, including those related to the availability, security and health of their IT infrastructure.
Uptake of RMM in the Middle East
The Middle East has seen an increased uptake of RMM services amongst enterprises in the past few years. There are several factors that have contributed to this growth, the most significant being reduction in overall infrastructure costs for an organization with the expectation of better quality services. What began as a smart and alternate sourcing model has now evolved to become a strategy of choice for CIOs across the region. Some drivers for this increase in growth are:
– Increased dependence on IT
– Growing sophistication & complexity of IT infrastructure
– Need for multi-skilled personnel
– Need to move from reactive to proactive management
– Need to monitor IT systems on a 24 X 7 basis
Benefits of RMM
– RMM relieves an organization’s IT team from routine monitoring and management tasks and allows them to focus on important business activities and enhances productivity.
– It helps alert the IT team of impending failure by warning them in advance if a system is going to fail. This gives the organization enough time to ensure the business does not suffer downtime, which could result in heavy loss of revenues.
– RMM services increase overall efficiency by saving time and reducing expenditures so that organizations can put their valuable resources elsewhere instead of manually tracking and compiling an inventory of a company’s IT assets.
– Proper proactive maintenance of a network improves the company’s productivity, increase the reliability of the systems and save the company costs in IT support.
– Organizations can also expect improved reliability as they are up to date with their network’s status through RMM reports generated by the service providers.
– In leveraging this solution, organizations can gain peace of mind and access to skilled resources that ensure their IT systems are always up and running. Know More