Thursday, 20 November 2014
Uptake of Virtualization in the Middle East
Today, Middle East is a mature virtualization market and enterprises have deployed this technology across their non-mission critical environments. In fact, as the trend is gaining momentum and organizations are becoming more comfortable with the concept of virtualization, they are also feeling confident about deploying it for their mission critical applications.
Enterprises in the Middle East are realizing the compelling benefits of virtualization and this is driving the transition to large scale virtual deployments. From cost savings realized through server consolidation to business flexibility and application agility inherent in emerging private and public cloud architectures, virtualization technologies are rapidly becoming the heart of the modern data center in the Middle East.
Below, we highlight some benefits of virtualization that have resulted in its uptake:
– Virtualization is being used by a growing number of organizations in the Middle East to reduce their overall costs and simplify their IT management
– It provides high availability of critical applications, and streamlines application deployment and migrations
– Virtualization can simplify IT operations and allow organizations to respond faster to changing business demands and focus on their core business
– With virtualization, organizations are most likely to achieve less down time, fewer unplanned outages and better disaster recovery
– It also aids in business continuity– when a network fails, the users can still operate locally and can back up their data after the network is up. Even in an unfortunate incident of a disruption, all the data can be easily recovered with easier snapshots of virtual machines
– Another advantage is the reduction of servers; if five to ten servers can be reduced to one and it can give the same service, it is an economical saving as well as it helps in reduced carbon footprint since running servers require huge amount of power and cooling
– Organizationsthat opt to use a managed hosting services provider for their virtualization needs can further reduce spend as they do not have to hire skilled staff and can rely on services offered by the service provider. These services can range from 24/7 support, customized SLAs and capacity management
As with any new technologies or trends, virtualization has its share of skepticism.